Ways to Improve Your Property’s Curb Appeal
With all this “at-home” time available to us now, homeowners in Sonoma County can update and upgrade their property’s curb appeal. Have thought about having a pleasing sight to drive up to when “coming home” but haven’t had the time – or better yet – the money to do this?
Curb appeal bolsters a home’s value and sets the stage for a favorable impression of the entire house. Any homeowner in Sant Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Petaluma, Windsor and Rohnert Park know that real estate values have been steadily rising and are still staying pretty strong. Why not increase the equity in your home with some pretty simple solutions.
Or, are you considering selling your house and want a higher purchase offer? A buyer’s first impression of your property can have a serious impact on their decision to make an offer or not. Even if all they see is a photo on a website, it can affect the type of offer they make.
Fortunately, most of these improvements do not require tons of money or effort. Let’s consider a few of the more obvious ones:
- Mow the Lawn: Having a well-cut lawn pays off big bucks. It has been estimated that paying for standard lawn care services can bring a 200% return.
- Paint the Door: Give the front door a fresh paint job. Besides being welcoming, a bright color will help buyers remember your property. Don’t forget the garage door. Experts tell us that a garage door accounts for 40% of a home’s curb appeal.
- Clean the Windows: No new homeowner wants to spend their first days in their new house cleaning windows and making repairs to screens. Very little clean-up time needed by the potential homebuyer, will result in bigger dividends.
- Buy Unique House Numbers: Identifying your home with visible, prominent numbers will make it easier for buyers to find your property and make the house more memorable. These can be purchased on-line.
- Clean Out the Gutters: Clogged gutters can be an enormous turn-off to prospective buyers. It raises their fear that there may be other less visible deferred maintenance problems.
- Decorate: Tasteful decorations on the porch or a wreath on the door will help the buyer see themselves living in your home. A porch swing and/or table and chairs help shape the personality of your home and can show buyers how relaxing life will be when they live there.
- Light Up the Driveway: Besides making your house more inviting, lighting up a driveway and entrance gives the impression that your home is a safe haven.
Taking care of these easy fixes can increase your home here in Sonoma County or it can yield bigger returns on that sale. I hope this helps you find the time to invest in your home’s curb appeal!